Tuesday, January 6, 2009




I was asked by my mother in law what I wanted for Christmas. I didnt know what to say. My husband & I had already agreed to not exchange presents with each other (even though he didnt follow through with our agreement). I really wasn't into the Christmas spirit. Times are tough & at the time I still hadn't figured out what I was going to do for my kids yet. I told her that I did not need anything, but she persisted. She asked if their was something that I had always wanted but never got. I said that I was trying to save to buy myself a Kitchenaid mixer but kept depleting my savings on bills. My husband told me long time ago that I couldnt have a Kitchenaid mixer so I was determined to save up & buy one myself!!!! She said perfect& now I finally have my long awaited Kitchenaid mixer. It has given me a new direction & attitude. I was told that I couldnt have one, I accepted what I was told & didnt do what I wanted. For quite a few years now, I have been so worried about what everyone else thinks of me, I am just not myself anymore. I have sat & actually listened to family cut me down. I basically can do nothing right in their eyes. I try so hard to work on being perfect (which is impossible) that I fail even to myself every day! I have let another family bully my family. Bully us right into hibernation! I have secluded myself pretty much away from everyone & everything that I love. I have spent 4 years of the loneliest times of my life. I'M DONE!!!!! I have a KITCHENAID MIXER! I have decided that this year I am going to find ME! I am going to give myself a break! I am going to do the things that I have been putting off so I could worry about everyone else. I am in search of Kimi Jo again.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the KitchenAide ... now you know you have lots of baking to do and lots of little helpers that will surely be up for the task! Here's to a happy 2009 for Kimi and finding herself! HUGS

Beth said...

Oops ... forgot to add ... Must be the year of KitchenAide Mixers .... I also received one for Christmas as well as our daughter Heather who has developed the love of decorating cakes and with 2 little girls she will have lots of cakes to decorate. My husband doesn't like deserts so I am not quite sure what he intends me to make that he will eat with my KitchenAid .... okay maybe some bread and our daughter Stephanie loves real mashed potatoes! Let me know if you run across any faboulous ideas. HUGS

Melissa said...

Wow, you posted a ton today(and yesterday. I guess I wasn't online to check it all out)!

Just want you to know...I love you just the way you are, don't think you are alone, we all go through the tough times. Hope they make you stronger, and in the end (after the hardest parts) I hope they make you happier! Love you!

nini said...

Desperately Seeking Kimi! We could make a movie! :)

For the record - I LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer. My hubby got his money's worth on that one! I use it no less than 3 times a week! Not sure how I got along without it all of those years. My arm muscles were probably a lot bigger back then!