Friday, September 5, 2008

WOW! Watch out for those sleeves!




Today is mine & Dan's 16th wedding anniversary! 22 years together! Man what a ride! We met my 2nd week at college. His roommate was always in the girls' dorm & somehow we became friends. He just always seemed to be around like a brother. Scott asked me to dance at a back to school dance. He introduced me to his roommate & the rest is history, as they say!!!!! If I went through everything I would take up all of the blog space! Dan was skiing on the world cup team at the time. He would go to school during the fall & ski during the spring. His goal was to make it to the olympics, then finish up school before he got married & settled down! We dated 4 years before we got engaged! We were engaged for 2 years!!!! Now its 16 years....4 KIDS LATER! Our wedding day was HOT! We had 6 attendants each, a junior attendant, & a flowergirl, ring bearer! That flowergirl is married & has her own baby now! We had people here from Pennsylvania, Nevada, New York, & one who just gotten back from England! Our colors were black & maroon! I laugh because all the old folks were having a cow because when I said black they swore that I was going to wear black!!!!!!! I had so many phone calls of concern!!!! We were married at Neighborhood Church and our reception was at Riverview Country Club. & although we had a few catastrophies... a broken arm, a meddling bridesmaids husband (he stirred up some stuff), a bridesmaids flight from the east delayed delayed delayed!!! (But I think that she got to meet some players from the Lakers because of it), my mothers stuff being thrown all over my yard, the reception not being ready when it was supposed to be....even through all of that it was beautiful! & yes we nailed each other with the cake! (Although there was a flag on the play, Dan got me twice!!) The next day we opened gifts with everyone there. I recommend that to everyone. We got to spend more time with the people that meant so much to us. They were 2 very special days! We spent a week in Jamaica for our honeymoon!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aaawwww, Congrats you two love birds! I will toast to your future!

Kim said...

Congratulations on your anniversary Kim! Loved looking at the photos. You two are so cute! Don't you just love all the memories of the big day too? Enjoy and here is to many more.